We are recruiting an Operations Coordinator
TFI Local Link Kerry is Recruiting
TFI Local Link Kerry (LLK) has 19 years’ experience and expertise in the coordination and operation of public and community transport services in County Kerry. LLK is the Transport Coordination Unit for Kerry under the National Transport Authority.
TFI Local Link Kerry works in partnership with bus operators, communities and organisations to develop and promote quality transport services which respond to unmet needs.
The posts advertised provide exciting opportunities to work as part of the Local Link Kerry team to support the delivery and enhancement of community and public transport service in County Kerry.
Contract to 31st May 2023 – this position is covering a Career Break
Purpose of Role
The Operations coordinator will effectively manage day-to-day business processes, activities and functions to ensure smooth and efficient service delivery. The role requires exceptional time management, good communication skills and the ability to monitor tasks and manage projects. A key part of the role is to liaise between customers, operators and work with the General Manager in managing procurement, bus schedules, ICT and all related activities of the Company.
- Procure, develop and manage transport services on behalf of Communities and organisations in county Kerry.
- Oversee ITMS Bus Timetable / Schedules.
- Manage and monitor procured private transport operators in line with agreement obligations, services delivery performance and vehicle training standards.
- Monitor Service Capacity.
- Develop and deliver Once-off Funding Application and plans.
- Schedule, coordinate and review Operator and PA Training.
- Support the development and implementation of Staff and Board Training Plans.
- Support the implementation and training of the Driver App and ticketing machines.
- Review and implement SLA’s with or on behalf of third party organisations.
- Work with relevant staff to record, manage and respond to customer complaints.
- Implement and review company Health and Safety Systems.
- Review of Company policies and procedures and update when required.
- Participate and input into strategic and development plans of the Local Authority and other agencies and organisations in the county as appropriate.
- Conduct an audit of bus stops and develop a bus stop proposal for the LLK Services.
- Explore and promote the introduction of energy efficient vehicles.
- Support the development of appropriate policy to improve accessibility features provided by licenced public bus transport operators.
- Work closely with General Manager and the staff team to develop and implement policies, procedures and systems as required.
- Manage information technology and computer systems.
- Plan, organise, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
· Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
· To carry out all other reasonable and lawful instructions of the Management.
|Person Specifications & Required Competencies:
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritise tasks and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple schedules.
- Evidence of strong planning & organisational skills.
- Track record of being an organised problem solver.
- Commitment to team work and supporting others to achieve organisational goals and develop skills in response to changing work demands.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Self-driven & pro-active
- A high level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Customer focus
- Knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Geographical knowledge of Co Kerry
|Qualification & Experience:
· A third level degree in Business or Administration desirable
· 3 – 5 years operations experience
· Excellent IT Skills
Must have Drivers Licence and access to car
Please email Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject ref: Operations Coordinator) or post Cover Letter and CV to;
Operations Coordinator Position, General Manager, TFI Local Link Kerry, Island Point, Tralee Road Industrial Estate, Castleisland, Co Kerry V92 E894
Closing Date for receipt of application is Wednesday 20th July @ 10am.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!