Local Link Kerry (LLK) manage and co-ordinate the delivery of a combination of scheduled Public & Community Transport Services in Co. Kerry. LLK also coordinate a range of services for Agencies and Organisations around the County.
Local Link Kerry’s mission is to provide and promote community led integrated, inclusive, accessible and affordable public transport that links all people to services and facilities and to influence transport policy at a local, regional and national level.
Local Link Kerry is the Trading Name of Kerry Community Transport CLG and is an agent of the National Transport Authority. Kerry Community Transport CLG is an Independent Company with Charitable Status and is a non- profit organisation. There are 17 Local Link offices nationally – www.locallink.ie
Currently there are in excess of 160 regular bus routes operating all over Kerry under the management of Local Link Kerry.
Local Link Kerry would have a variety of different types of services;
- Bus Services that operate along fixed routes with designated pick up points and that operate to a fixed timetable
- Bus Services that are semi- flexible that provide door to door collection in rural townlands – these services operate on specific days and to a timetable.
- Bus Services that we co-ordinate on behalf of Organisations and Agencies throughout Kerry (e.g. HSE, Day Care Centres, Community Hospital, Community Childcare Centres)
- Once off Bus Services that we co-ordinate for a range of Community Organisations and Groups to attend events (e.g. KDYS, KETB, Older Peoples Network, Rural Mens Initiative)
- Social Car initiative – currently in pilot phase for Ard Curam Day Care Centre Listowel, Baile Mhuire Day Care Centre Tralee & Kerry Social Farming .
- Once off Bus Services that support transport to Social Inclusion Activities
Please ring Local Link Kerry on 066 7147002 / Lo Call 1890 528 528 for queries on existing bus services or if you can identify the need for a transport service in your area.
Local Link Kerry work with Communities, Agencies and Local Authority in identifying unresolved transport needs in Co. Kerry.