LLK Guiding Principles
- LLK will endeavour to provide transport services, which promote social inclusion and equality of access in terms of availability and accessibility and affordability in communities throughout Co. Kerry.
- LLK will work in partnership with local communities in designing, developing, promoting and evaluating transport, which responds to local existing and unmet transport needs
- LLK will continue to implement quality standards through the Board, staffing and in the delivery of services by operators.
- LLK will identify areas where integration and collaboration can be achieved with other agencies, organisations and public and private providers
- LLK will operate in an efficient manner and where possible utilise new technologies in creating new efficiencies within the Company
- LLK will record best practice to influence the development of local, regional and national transport policy
These values reflect the key principles of the Rural Transport Programme;
Equality, Social Inclusion, Community Based Approaches, Diversity and Learning, Quality, Integration, Value for Money
LLK Key Priority 1: Managing LLK and Sustaining Current Transport Provision
Managing all operations of LLK where strategic objectives are aligned to the NTA Rural Transport Programme Strategy. Sustain, monitor and manage all existing transport contracts on behalf of the Authority.
LLK Key Priority 2: Route Development and Expansion
The Aim of LLK is to identify improvements in existing services and develop new routes based on unmet need and the challenges faced by rural communities which support social Inclusion and access.
LLK Key Priority 3: Innovation and Integration
LLK will work in an integrated manner with key stakeholders to support joined up thinking and innovation. LLK will promote and support innovative approaches to working in partnership to develop models of best practice
LLK Key Priority 4: Access for All
LLK aim to support Operators in reaching NTA targets re Accessible Services by 2022.