TFI Local Link Kerry recently spoke with James O’Mahony of Billy Mangan Coaches, Knocknagoshel.
Billy Mangan Coaches operate the below service on behalf of TFI Local Link Kerry.
R6a Knocknagoshel – Castleisland
R6b Knocknagoshel – Castleisland – Tralee
James kindly gave some of his free time to answer a number of questions as part of our TFI Local Link Kerry Operator Q&A Series.
- From your own experience, what does Local Link Kerry mean to your passengers?
TFI Local Link Kerry is a way of life to my passengers. It helps deal with the issues of rural isolation and it means a great deal to each of them. I think it is fair to say, they would be lost without the service. 🚍
- Funniest moment/wittiest comment.
It was a poor morning weather wise.. and I made a comment to a lady as she came onto the bus, “Tis a showery morning out…” to which she replied… “It wouldnt rain at all on a fine day!!” 😂
- If you were stuck on a bus, who would you like it to be with & why?
That would have to be Rod Stewart. A great singer. Some man for one man! 🎵
- If you could relocate your route to anywhere else in the world, where would it be and why?
Spain, the sunshine. 🇪🇸
5. Best advice you have heard from a Passenger?
My passengers go shopping and when I help with them, one passenger advised me to bend my knees to ensure I do not injure my back. Great advice! 🙌
For further information, inclusive of timetables,